Orly Airport (ORY) used to be Paris’ main international airport before most of the international air traffic was switched to Charles de Gaulle Airport (CDG) to the north of the city. It’s too bad because Orly is closer to the city center, which makes getting to Orly from Paris pretty fast – especially if you’re already on the Left Bank.
Although CDG is the larger airport for international traffic into Paris these days, Orly gets a fair number of international flights. This is especially true because it has become a favorite of budget airlines flying to Paris. Orly also remains the busiest airport in the country for domestic traffic.
Here are some things to know about Orly Airport before you get there.
DOWNLOAD OUR TRAVEL GUIDES
About Orly Airport
- Paris’ Orly Airport has two terminals – Orly Sud (south) and Orly Ouest (west).
- Orly is roughly 8 miles south of the city, and the airport itself is partly located in a town called Orly (hence its name).
- The A6 autoroute connects to Orly for easy access if you’re driving.
- For those without cars, Orly has service into the city via the RER B and the RER C trains – and Paris’ transportation authority, the RATP, also operates a bus from Orly into Paris.
Airlines Flying to/from Orly Airport
This isn’t an exhaustive list, but here are some of the airlines that serve Orly Airport in Paris. Some of the cities they connect with are listed in parentheses.
- Air Berlin (Berlin-Tegel, Düsseldorf)
- Air France (Annecy, Basel/Mulhouse, Berne, Biarritz, Bordeaux, London-City, Lyon, Marseille, Montpellier, Nice, Pau, Perpignan, Southampton, Strasbourg, Toulon, Toulouse)
- Alitalia (Milan-Linate)
- Atlas Blue (Essaouira, Marrakech, Rabat, Tangier)
- Corsairfly (Cancun, Dakar, Halifax, Havana, Mauritius, Miami, Montreal-Trudeau, Port-au-Prince, Quebec City, Tel Aviv)
- easyJet (Athens, Berlin-Schönefeld, Budapest, Dubrovnik, Faro, Geneva, Milan-Linate, Mykonos, Naples, Nice, Palermo, Pisa, Rome-Ciampino, Toulouse, Venice-Marco Polo)
- Iberia (Ibiza, Madrid, Valladolid, Zaragoza)
- Jet4you (Casablanca, Fez, Marrakech, Rabat)
- Norwegian Air Shuttle (Aalborg, Bergen, Copenhagen, Oslo-Gardermoen, Stavanger)
- OpenSkies (Newark, Washington-Dulles)
- TAP Portugal (Lisbon, Porto)
- Transavia.com France (Antalya, Catania, Fez, Funchal, Krakow, Luxor, Marrakech, Palermo, Porto, Reykjavik-Keflavik, Rhodes, Seville, Tangier)
- Vueling (Alicante, Barcelona, Ibiza, Malaga, Rome-Fiumicino, Seville, Valencia)
photo by slasher-fun