Are you a Paris expert? If you can answer all of these questions, you’re well on your way to becoming one. Most of the answers can be found in the links to past Parislogue posts.
1. What is the oldest monument in Paris?
2. How long is the Seine River?
3. Why are the banks of the Seine River called the Left Bank and the Right Bank?
4. What English king was crowned at Notre Dame Cathedral?
5. The Arc de Triomphe is the 2nd tallest arch in the world. Where’s the first?
6. In what well-known cemetery are Simone de Beauvoir and Jean-Paul Sartre buried?
7. What institution is currently housed in the Frank Gehry designed building (which used to be the American Center)?
8. How many train stations are there in Paris?
9. When did the Romans conquer Paris?
10. Which French king was referred to as the ‘Sun King’?
Bonus Question(very difficult!)
On what bridge, did a Neapolitan fall in love with a shoemaker’s daughter and create a magic potion to make the daughter fall in love with him as well?
1.Oldest Monument in Paris (Clue – It’s not European)
4. English king crowned at Notre Dame Cathedral (clue-Hundred Years War)
5.Tallest Arch (Clue-It’s not in Europe)
6. Cemetery where Sartre and Simon de Beauvoir are buried.
7. Frank Gehry-designed museum (clue- Metro: Bercy)
9. Year the Romans entered Paris.
10. The Sun King at Versailles
Bridge where the Neapolitan fell in love with the Shoemaker’s Daughter