Most travelers heading to Paris know of Charles de Gaulle Airport and Orly Airport, the city’s two main international airports and the primary international gateways into the country. But Paris has another airport – kind of – that you might want to consider, depending on where you’re coming from and where you’re headed.
Paris Beauvais Airport (BVA) is one of those smaller airports near a huge city that’s home to a few budget airlines, so those budget airlines added the name of the huge city onto the name of the airport to make it seem like a good choice for people flying into the aforementioned huge city. Beauvais-Tille Airport (as it’s officially known) is quite a distance from the city of Paris, so if you’re planning to visit Paris and nothing else it may not be ideal.
However, because Beauvais Airport is the only Paris-area airport that’s served by budget carrier Ryanair, if you’re in Europe already it may be your cheapest option. Don’t think it’s your only cheap option, though, as there are also budget airlines that fly to Paris that use Charles de Gaulle or Orly airports instead.
DOWNLOAD OUR TRAVEL GUIDES
Here are some things to know about Beauvais Airport before you get there.
About Beauvais Airport
- Beauvais, the city and the airport, are more than 50 miles north of Paris.
- There are only four gates at Beauvais Airport, and only three airlines that serve the city.
- From Beauvais Airport you can book one of the regular coach services, or take a shuttle into Beauvais and take a regular train into Paris (or anywhere else) from there.
- Beauvais is a popular airport for those traveling to France specifically to visit Disneyland Paris, so there are special shuttles that will get you from the airport to the theme park directly.
Airlines Flying to/from Beauvais Airport
This actually is a complete list of the airlines serving Beauvais Airport, because there are only three airlines so it’s easy to include them all. The cities they connect with are listed in parentheses.
- Blue Air (Bacau, Bucharest-Baneasa)
- Ryanair (Alicante, Barcelona, Bari, Bologna, Bratislava, Cagliari, Dublin, Edinburgh, Faro, Girona, Glasgow-Prestwick, Kaunas, Madrid, Malaga, Marseille, Milan-Orio al Serio, Oslo-Rygge, Pau, Pisa, Porto, Rome-Ciampino, Reus, Shannon, Stockholm-Skavsta, Trapani, Venice-Treviso, Zaragoza)
- Wizz Air (Bucharest-Baneasa, Cluj-Napoca, Gdansk, Katowice, Poznan, Prague, Sofia, Timisoara, Warsaw, Wroclaw)