That Paris is a city crowded with hotel options shouldn’t surprise anyone. It’s one of the most popular tourist cities on earth, after all. But sometimes too many options isn’t a good thing – if you’re a traveler who has never been to Paris before, the number of choices can be paralyzing. How do you pick among the many hotels even in one neighborhood? For that matter, how do you even pick a neighborhood to look for hotels in?
For the serious budget travelers, we put together this Paris hostel guide last year – it includes links to all the neighborhood-based hostel articles we’ve done, so that you can figure out easily what your options are for hostels in various parts of Paris. We figured it was about time we did the same thing for hotels, so here it is.
Each of the articles linked below includes listings for hotels in that neighborhood, and there’s a handy map on every post so you can see where they all are. Some of the articles linked here are for hotels that are near certain landmarks in Paris – the Louvre, the Champs-Elysees – so even if you don’t know the name of the neighborhood around those attractions you’ll at least know that the hotels listed are close to one of the major sights in the city.
>> If you want more of a primer on the neighborhoods in Paris before you start hunting for a hotel, we recommend you read about Paris neighborhoods and the difference between the Left Bank and the Right Bank in Paris.
>> And for a more complete listings of your accommodation options in Paris, search for Paris hotels here.
Paris Hotels Articles with Maps
- Budget Hotels in Paris Near the Eiffel Tower – Paris’ most famous monument is one many people want to be close to when they book a hotel room. This collection of 2- and 3-star hotels puts the Eiffel Tower within relatively easy walking distance.
- Hotels in Paris with an Eiffel Tower View – If being close to the Eiffel Tower isn’t good enough, if you have to see it from your hotel room window, then be sure to have a look through this list of hotel options.
- Budget Hotels in Paris Near the Louvre – True art lovers may have several visits to the Louvre scheduled into their trip to Paris, and if that’s the case then staying in a hotel near the Louvre makes multiple trips to the museum easier.
- Hotels in Paris Near the Champs-Elysees – The Champs-Elysees is the most famous street in Paris, and incredibly popular with anyone who enjoys shopping, but hotels in this area aren’t cheap. We tried to keep the hotels on this list in the budget category, but they’re still more expensive than they would be in some other parts of the city.
- Hotels Near the Arc de Triomphe – Perhaps second only in terms of famous landmark status in Paris is the Arc de Triomphe. This triumphal arch also happens to be close to the Champs-Elysees, the Eiffel Tower, and the Bois de Boulogne park – so picking a hotel near the Arc isn’t a bad idea at all. Just remember that most of the hotels in the area aren’t going to be particularly cheap.
- 9 Romantic Hotels in Paris – The City of Lights is the city of love, but that doesn’t mean every hotel in Paris is romantic. Here’s a list of 9 hotels that are more romantic than others.
- Honeymoon Hotels in Paris – And because we couldn’t stop at just one list, here’s another list of hotels that up the romance factor!
- Budget Paris Hotels in the Latin Quarter – The Latin Quarter is a popular neighborhood in Paris for many travelers, and although it used to be known for being more budget-friendly there are still some hotels in the area that won’t eat up your whole travel budget.
- Budget Paris Hotels in the Marais – The Place des Vosges is the beautiful grass-covered square in the Marais that seems to draw people in droves on sunny days. These budget-friendly hotels are all close to the pretty square.
- Hotels Near Gare du Nord Train Station – Anyone traveling on the Eurostar back and forth between London and Paris may need a hotel close to the Gare du Nord (if only for one night), so here’s a list of a few hotels right around the station.
And if you’re looking for more basic travel planning advice, here are some articles you may find helpful:
- Paris First Time Visitor’s Guide
- Things You Should Know About Paris
- Paris Travel Tips
- Getting Around in Paris: What You Need to Know
- Cheap Guide to Paris